Beaumont Family Practice is now offering the Rapid Covid-19 (SARS-Cov-2) Antigen test. Antigen tests are immunoassays that detect the presence of a specific viral antigen, which implies current viral infection.
- Nasal Swab
- Test results available within 15 minutes
- Medical patients will call and schedule an appointment with a provider either in office or Telehealth
- Provider will order the Covid 19 antigen test based off of the patient assessment.
- If you are not a patient at Beaumont Family Practice, testing is available in our Southeast Texas Occupational Medicine department.
The cost of the SARS-Cov-2 Antigen test is $100 Cash Pay.
- BD Veritor™ System for rapid COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) testing
- For use under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) only
- This test has not been FDA cleared or approved;
- This test has been authorized by FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories;
- This test has been authorized only for the detection of proteins from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens; and,
- This test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.